Please check back in April of 2018 to submit to the 3rd annual Deep in the Heart Film Festival.
It's a great time to be in Waco. Thousands of visitors flock to town every weekend to take in the restaurants, culture and shops in the area. And now, the State of Texas has designated downtown Waco as a Cultural Arts District!
The Waco Hippodrome is a film lover's dream. Equipped with a full service kitchen, bar and waitstaff, movie-goers can eat, drink and watch a show, all while sitting in the theater's recently renovated seats. In addition, audiences can check out paintings, sculptures and works from local artists in the Hippodrome lobby. This century old gem may have started as a vaudeville theater, but it's evolved into a Waco cultural hot spot.
Cultivate 7Twelve is new to Waco and the film festival. More than an art gallery, its a hub of Waco culture as it’s expressed through art, good, food and drink. Just two doors down from the Hippodrome, its centralized and convenient to both filmmakers and movie-goers. It will be our destination for panels and parties in addition to film screenings.
Waco Winery is a true locally owned and run vineyard and tasting room. Sit under the stars on the rooftop patio (complete with a view of the Silos) or relax in the lounge overlooking Austin Avenue! Both spaces are a great, relaxed place to unwind and enjoy fine Texas wines. Their vineyards are located just a few miles outside of Waco.
What is an escape room?
Waco Escape Rooms custom builds rooms around a story or theme and invites you to test your wits against the challenging clues, perplexing puzzles, and maddening mysteries embedded in the rooms. Be warned, you might get addicted to the thrill of the hunt!
Waco is easily within driving distance of Austin, Dallas, San Antonio and Houston. It’s easy to see why this area is called the Heart of Texas.
If you're flying in you'll arrive at Waco Regional Airport. The airport is serviced by American Eagle with daily flights from DFW.
You may prefer to fly into Austin Bergstrom, DFW, or Dallas - Love Field and drive into town. Both airports are about 90 miles away - making it an easy drive if you'd like to rent a car. Waco Streak is also an option that offers daily shuttle service to both Dallas airports.
There are several great hotels in the downtown Waco and surrounding areas. If you are traveling from out of town, please email us and we can provide you a discounted rate at our festival hotel.
And get fluent in brisket, queso and breakfast tacos. Here's Texas' top FOOD contributions to the world. (Number one was created right here in Waco.) #YoureWelcome
You agree to the following terms and conditions of the Deep in the Heart Film Festival.
1. All films must be the original work of the filmmakers and all filmmakers must have the necessary rights. The festival is not liable for any rights issues.
2. You do not talk about Fight Club.
3. By submitting a film to DitHFF, you grant the Deep in the Heart Film Festival permission to screen your film, if said film is officially accepted into this year's lineup.
4. If your film has been selected, you will have 14 DAYS TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR ACCEPTANCE. If we do not hear from you within 14 days of notification, your selection may be revoked.
5. All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Foreign language films without English subtitles will not be screened.
6. Only completed entries (including entry form, payment, and final film) will be considered. The Deep in the Heart Film Festival does not consider works in progress.
7. We are an environmentally friendly festival. We accept digital entries ONLY. Do not send DVD’s, Blu-rays, press kits, dirty laundry or unruly children.
8. Films which have screened on television or are available on the internet are not eligible. (Password protected and private links are acceptable).
9. Films must have been produced no earlier than 2012.
10. We have no premiere status requirements.
11. If accepted, the filmmaker is required to provide the festival a digital file (.mov, .mp4), for exhibition as well as a backup DVD or Blu-Ray, US Region 1.
12. As filmmakers ourselves we have never received a rejection letter that made us feel better, so we won't stick the knife in any deeper by sending one.
13. In accordance with the Deep in the Heart Film Festival policy, the entry fee is non-refundable.
14. You will not be allowed to enter your work, unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Deep in the Heart Film Festival.
You grant the Deep in the Heart Film Festival the following:
1. Permission to exhibit your film. Films must be available for screening during the festival, February 16-19, 2017.
2. Allow photos, posters, highlights or excerpts of your film (e.g. a trailer) to be placed on the Deep in the Heart Film Festival website and used for other marketing and promotional purposes. You also agree to allow DitHFF to promote the following year's festival with the material listed above. DitHFF will never solicit or screen your film outside the promotion of the DitHFF.
1. We are accepting short film (under 50 minutes) submissions only. Feature films and Student films will be curated by the programmers. We will not accept submissions for those categories.
2. Notification of selections will be made by January 15, 2017.
3. The Deep in the Heart Film Festival reserves the right to change our programming without notice. The official selections and screening schedule is at the sole discretion of the festival.
4. Sorry, we cannot provide paid transportation or lodging for the event. Discounts may become available as the festival approaches.
5. You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee. Entry fees will not be refunded.
6. Our festival is funding by submission fees, to that end we cannot offer waivers. But since you were smart enough to read these rules, submit via FilmFreeway and use promo code IAMAREADER for a discount.
7. Entrants are encouraged, but not required, to attend the festival. Entrants are responsible for all costs incurred to attend this festival. Entrants receive two free passes to the film festival for the duration of the film festival.
8. Exceptions to these rules will not be made, unless we make an exception.
9. Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
For questions and inquiries, please email email@example.com
*Denotes out of competition screening