We are an environmentally friendly festival. We accept only digital entries. Do not send DVD’s, Blu-rays, press kits, dirty laundry or unruly children.
Submission fees and deadlines may be found on our festival pages on FilmFreeway and Withoutabox.
This year we are planning some great workshops, panel discussions, q&a's and plenty of time to network and party with fellow filmmakers. More details to be revealed as the event approaches.
Make sure you scroll to the bottom of this page to read the rules!
It's a great time to be in Waco. Thousands of visitors flock to town every weekend to take in the restaurants, culture and shops in the area. And now, the State of Texas has designated downtown Waco as a Cultural Arts District!
Starting in 2019, all of our films will be screened in the historic Waco Hippodrome. This theater is a film lover's dream! Equipped with a full service kitchen, bar and waitstaff, movie-goers can eat, drink and watch a show, all while sitting in the theater's recently renovated seats. This century old gem may have started as a vaudeville theater, but it's evolved into a Waco cultural hot spot with 3 new state-of-the-art theaters, the historic orchestra and stage, plus the brand new dine in restaurant, the Raleigh.
In addition to films, the festival aims to educate and entertain with parties and panels in Downtown Waco. For more on those locations, click here.
Waco is easily within driving distance of Austin, Dallas, San Antonio and Houston. It’s easy to see why this area is called the Heart of Texas.
If you're flying in you'll arrive at Waco Regional Airport. The airport is serviced by American Eagle with daily flights from DFW.
You may prefer to fly into Austin Bergstrom, DFW, or Dallas - Love Field and drive into town. Both airports are about 90 miles away - making it an easy drive if you'd like to rent a car. Waco Streak is also an option that offers daily shuttle service to both Dallas airports.
There are several great hotels in the downtown Waco and surrounding areas. If you are traveling from out of town, please email us and we can provide you a discounted rate at our festival hotel.
And get fluent in brisket, queso and breakfast tacos. Here's Texas' top FOOD contributions to the world. (Number one was created right here in Waco.) #YoureWelcome
You agree to the following terms and conditions of the Deep in the Heart Film Festival.
• All films must be the original work of the filmmakers and all filmmakers must have the necessary rights. The festival is not liable for any rights issues.
• You do not talk about Fight Club.
• We have no premiere status requirements.
• Films must have been produced no earlier than March, 2014. Yes, that's a 5 year window.
• In accordance with the Deep in the Heart Film Festival policy, the entry fee is non-refundable.
• By submitting a film to DitHFF, you grant the Deep in the Heart Film Festival permission to screen your film, if said film is officially accepted into this year's lineup.
• If your film has been selected, you will have 14 DAYS TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR ACCEPTANCE. If we do not hear from you within 14 days of notification, your selection may be revoked.
• If accepted, the filmmaker is required to provide the festival a digital file (.mov, .mp4), for exhibition.
• Only completed entries (including entry form, payment, and final exhibition film copy) will be considered. The Deep in the Heart Film Festival does not consider works in progress.
• We are an environmentally friendly festival. We accept digital entries ONLY. Do not send DVD’s, Blu-rays, press kits, dirty laundry or unruly children.
• The enemy's gate is down.
• Films which have screened on television or are available publicly on the internet are not eligible. (Password protected and private links are acceptable).
• All entries must either be in English or subtitled in English. Foreign language films without English subtitles will not be screened.
• As filmmakers ourselves we have never received a rejection letter that made us feel better, so we won't stick the knife in any deeper by sending one.
• You will not be allowed to enter your work unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Deep in the Heart Film Festival.
You grant the Deep in the Heart Film Festival the following:
• Permission to exhibit your film. Films must be available for screening during the festival, March 28-31, 2019.
• Permission for photos, posters, highlights or excerpts of your film (e.g. a trailer) to be placed on the Deep in the Heart Film Festival website and used for other marketing and promotional purposes. You also agree to allow DitHFF to promote the following year's festival with the material listed above. DitHFF will never solicit or screen your film outside the promotion of the DitHFF.
• We accept short film submissions of any genre/topic. (Run time is 39 minutes or less.)
• We accept feature film submissions of any genre/topic. (Run time is 40 minutes or more.)
• We also accept student made short film submissions of any genre/topic, created by college or high school students. (Run time is 29 minutes or less. School ID is required that matches the date your film was created.)
• Notification of selections will be made by February 28, 2019.
• The Deep in the Heart Film Festival reserves the right to change our programming without notice. The official selections and screening schedule is at the sole discretion of the festival.
• Sorry, we cannot provide paid transportation or lodging for the event. Discounts may become available as the festival approaches.
• You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee. Entry fees will not be refunded.
• Our success depends on the quality of submissions, so we cannot offer full waivers. But since you were smart enough to read these rules, use the promo code IAMAREADER and you'll get a discount.
• Entrants are highly encouraged, but not required, to attend the festival. Seriously, check out our past festivals and you'll see that it's worth it! Entrants are responsible for all costs incurred to attend this festival. Entrants will receive one free pass to the film festival for the duration of the film festival.
• Exceptions to these rules will not be made unless we make an exception.
• Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
For questions and inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Denotes out of competition screening