Submissions now open!
We seek to showcase the best in independent film from Texas, the US and the world.
We love great storytelling, value the artistic and resourceful and champion creativity.
We share great films in a historic theatrical venue, inspire filmmakers, create networking opportunities and show our guests some genuine Texas hospitality.
We are an environmentally friendly festival. We accept only digital entries. Do not send DVD’s, Blu-rays, press kits, dirty laundry or unruly children.
Submission fees and deadlines may be found on our festival page on FilmFreeway.
This year we are planning some great workshops, panel discussions, q&a's and plenty of time to network and party with fellow filmmakers. More details to be revealed as the event approaches.
Do yourself a favor and read all the rules.
You agree to the following terms and conditions of the Deep in the Heart Film Festival (DitHFF).
• In order for submissions to be considered for competition, a Waco Premiere is required.
• All films must be the original work of the filmmakers and all filmmakers must have the necessary rights. The festival is not liable for any rights issues.
• You do not talk about Fight Club.
• We have no premiere status requirements.
• Films must have been produced no earlier than August, 2015. Yes, that's a 5 year window.
• In accordance with the Deep in the Heart Film Festival policy, the submission fee is non-refundable.
• By submitting a film to DitHFF, you grant the Deep in the Heart Film Festival permission to screen your film in a theatrical venue, if said film is officially accepted into this year's lineup.
• Only completed entries (including entry form, payment, and final exhibition film copy) will be considered. The Deep in the Heart Film Festival does not consider works in progress.
• The enemy's gate is down.
• Films which have screened on television or are available publicly on the internet are not eligible. (Password protected and private links are acceptable).
• We are an environmentally friendly festival. We accept digital submissions ONLY. Unless requested, do not send DVD’s, Blu-rays, press kits, dirty laundry or unruly children.
• The selected works will be exhibited in a theatrical venue via a digital file or on Blu-ray & DCP.
• Keep reading… there’s a promo code in here somewhere...
• All entries must either be in English or subtitled in English. Foreign language films without English subtitles will not be screened.
• If your film has been selected, you will have 14 DAYS TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR ACCEPTANCE. If we do not hear from you within 14 days of notification, your selection may be revoked.
• Your work will not be screened unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Deep in the Heart Film Festival.
You grant the Deep in the Heart Film Festival the following:
• Permission to exhibit your film in a theatrical venue. Films must be available for screening during the festival (Fall 2020).
• Permission for photos, posters, highlights or excerpts of your film (e.g. a trailer) to be placed on the Deep in the Heart Film Festival website and/or social media and used for other marketing and promotional purposes. You also must agree to allow DitHFF to promote the following year's festival with the material listed above. DitHFF will never solicit or screen elements of your film outside the promotion of the DitHFF.
• We accept short film submissions of any genre/topic. (Run time is 39 minutes or less.)
• We accept feature film submissions of any genre/topic. (Run time is 40 minutes or more.)
• We also accept student made short film submissions of any genre/topic, created by college or high school students. (Run time is 29 minutes or less. School ID is required that matches the date your film was created.)
• We believe that the Game of Thrones finale was pretty disappointing. Come on, Dany & Jon Snow deserved better… and don’t get us started on Bran.
• Notification of selections will be made by July 16, 2020.
• The Deep in the Heart Film Festival reserves the right to change our programming without notice. The official selections and screening schedule is at the sole discretion of the festival.
• Sorry, but we cannot provide paid transportation or lodging for the event. Discounts may become available as the festival approaches.
• You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee. Entry fees will not be refunded.
• Entrants are highly encouraged, but not required, to attend the festival. Seriously, check out our past festivals and you'll see that it's worth it! http://www.deepintheheartff.com/past
• Entrants will receive TWO free passes to the film festival for the duration of the film festival.
• Entrants are responsible for all costs incurred to attend this festival.
• Our success depends on the quality of submissions, so we cannot offer full waivers. But since you were smart enough to read these rules, use the promo code IAMAREADER and you'll get a discount.
• Exceptions to these rules will not be made unless we make an exception.
• Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
For further questions and inquiries, please email email@example.com